Saturday, May 22, 2010

The last Day!

On the last day of the trip, on our way home, we stopped at Plimoth Plantation and Plymouth Rock. The kids were pretty much done with history and all that so they really took it easy on these stops. Yes, that is (supposedly) the rock that the settlers on the Mayflower first stepped out onto! Convenient that it said 1620 right on it huh! This is an exact replica of the Mayflower ship that was brought over from England sometime in the 50's. It is pretty interesting, although I thought it was a bit smaller than I had imagined it would have been.
Taylor on the Mayflower. The guides on the ship were dressed the part of someone who would have ridden over on the Mayflower. It was a bit weird!

Taylor striking a pose on the anchor rope.
The trip was fun. It was packed with activity and information. I think it took me about 4 days to catch up on my sleep. They sure kept us busy. I am so glad I got to go and share that with Taylor. It is good to see her away from all the little siblings here at home and really see her personality come out.




No comments: