Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Freedom Trail

On the second day of our trip we had a very busy day! We started by walking the Freedom Trail. This is a long trail!! We began at Bunker Hill. This is the monument that sits up on the hill. You can walk up in it like these young, fit, ambitious 7th graders did. Or you can wait patiently at the bottom for them. 296 steps up...296 steps down! I waited at the bottom!! ( I guess I can call it keeping a lookout!) While we were listening to the history teacher explain the history of Samuel Adams (other than the brewery), this very energetic man in a green bodysuit came running through the crowd! He was quite interesting and caused much excitement among our crowd of 7th graders.


Samuel Adams. I am not really sure what the whole story behind him was. I had already walked a really long way!

Apparently, right about where that concrete barrier is, the Boston Massacre took place. I guess when something like that happens, the best thing to do is make an intersection out of it!!

This is another reason I have no desire to be a tour guide anywhere historic!! Another period costume to lead a whole group of peole through town.
Taylor on the steps to Liberty Mall. This is where we waited for the bus!!



1 comment:

Shawn and Tori said...

I just have one thing to say- can't you see Jon being the Green Man?