Saturday, May 22, 2010

Boston

The 7th grader's at Taylor's school take a field trip to Boston every spring. It is in conjunction with their learning about all the history in the Boston area. I went along as a chaperone! Good thinking huh! There were about 220 kids and we went for 3 days. It was a lo of fun but a lot of work. I was so tired for 4 days afterward. We visited lots of really great places and learned a lot. I took a few photos of some signs that I thought were funny. Of course I hadn't had much sleep so they may have been funnier to me when I saw them.
This is a pay phone that was in a really cool phone booth. The kids referred to it as something they would see in a movie.
(My first clue that I was old!) I just thought the sign was funny.
It says on the paper, "This payphone is an historical artifact. and is no longer in service"
To see that something I used when I was younger all the time to tell my parents we were ready to be picked up at the rollerskating rink, is classified as a historical artifact was a bit insulting!!

And if that wasn't enough, I came across this sign. I have never seen a sign like this and it gave me quite a chuckle!

This sign wasn't as amusing to me as where it was.

The Old City Hall has been turned into a very expensive steakhouse. If you ask me, that is a great use of historical sites!!!

No comments: