Lots of growing up going on here! Maddie had been doing a lot of growing up. I am not sure why it seems like such a huge step for her to be doing all the things the other kids have done. I suppose it is because she is the youngest and it is the last time we will be conquering these obstacles.
So, I knew that we had to get rid of the binki but I was not sure at all how we were going to do it. Her binki was a part of her. She mentioned just before Easter that she wanted some purple plah doh. She asked several times for it and I had the inspiration I needed. We would make this work. We picked up some plah doh from the store and headed off to the mall after the egg hunt. I approached the apparently mute Easter bunny and explained the plan. He/She was to take the binki from Maddie and give her the plah doh. Easy as that!!
And like nothing else in parenting or life. It was as easy as that. She did not ask for her binki after that except for a few times here and there but was quickly over it when reminded of her trade with the bunny. Not sure if she will ever look at the easter bunny quite the same again but I am fine with that. No more searching for the binki at bedtime, car rides and the incessant whining until it is found!! It has been great!!
No comments:
Post a Comment