Well, I am still here!! I have not fallen off the face of the earth.
Here is the update!! We made it to New York. After a couple months of surprises, changes, and a lot of work we are now living in New York. I never in all of my life imagined I would ever live in New York. We have been here for less than 24 hours and here is what I know about it!!
#1 "Toll Booth Ahead" is now my least favorite sign to see on the interstate. I believe the total (for each vehicle) was about $23.15.
#2 Lake Effect Snow is a real thing. There is currently no snow on the ground right now but there is a 60% chance of getting 3-5 inches tonight!! When I was at Sam's Club today and they were selling a "Roof Snow Rake" I am praying I don't need one of those!!
#3 Apparently when you register your kids for school here you have to wait until they receive their transcripts and then they place them in the classes that best fit their needs!! The need in my opinion is for their mother to have them in school!!
#4 While driving over by where the kids go to school and where our house is there were little huts in people's front yards that matched their houses. When I inquired as to what those were, here was the response (as if I should have known) "That is where the kids wait for the school bus"! Who knew!!
#5 And probably the worst thing!! When I drove through the drive thru at McDonalds last night to get my much needed $1 320z Dr. Pepper here was the response I got. "Sorry Maam, we don't have $1 drinks and we don't serve Dr. Pepper"!!! WHAT?!!
We are staying in a Residence Inn here in Greece ( a suburb of Rochester) and it is very nice. I may get spoiled having someone make my bed, load the dishwasher and make me a hot breakfast everyday. I will enjoy while I have it.
It is very pretty here and I am sure it will be very nice once we get all settled in. We did look at our house today and it is very nice and should be done around the 1st of January. I will keep you updated and try to get some photos here in the next few days.
5 comments:
I give it another 2 weeks of there being no Dr. Pepper before you move back here. You need your hit.
Although I have to say that I love giving Paul crap telling him that Maddy is not going to remember him. He seriously tears up. Hilarious!!!
And you better take a picture of all your kids sitting in a hut waiting for the bus. That should be your Christmas card next year- as long as one of them isn't pooping in there.
Glad you made it safe and sound. I too am excited for the "hut" picture! That is hilarious. I think Jon is already planning a visit - he needs an excuse to wear his scarf. No need for those articles of clothing here when the high is 78 degrees on Dec. 1st!!!
Finally I can comment on your blog! HAHA! I am so glad you guys made it and I can't wait to see some pictures. I bet you are going crazy with them not in school, Did they say how long it would take to get them in?
Okay, from now on when Jason promises me a white Christmas we're staying with you, because Nebraska just cannot be relied on. I'll even rake your roof for you :)
Can't wait to see your new house! And I'm jealous of your dishwasher, let alone the fact that someone loads it for you!
Holy Moly, it is a miracle you posted on your blog. I am so excited. We miss you guys so much but know you are supposed to be there. Sam keeps asking when Tim is going to come watch a movie with him. Give everyone a love for us and we are planning our trip out there already too!
Post a Comment