This year for Valentine's Day, I made the invitations by hand. I decided to avoid the dreadful scene at WalMart standing there with 5 kids and no less than 300 options of Commercial Valentines. It seems that each year when we attempt this, it takes at least an hour and at least one of the children is not happy that they had to choose just one of the 300 options. Of course only then to be disappointed that somehow at least 10 other people in their class had exactly the same valentine to pass out!! So of course the easier option is to make Valentines myself and I must say as much work as it was I was very pleased with myself. And not one tear was shed!!
These ladybug's were Timothy's choice! Their wings opened up with a valentine message. (below)
These butterflies were Maddie's. She handed them out at Ballet class. She didn't have a class party but did not want to be left out.
The open Ladybug.
These were little iPods made out of boxes of conversation hearts. Zack and Chris chose to give these to the girls in their classes.
I found all of these ideas on the internet. They were fun and easy to make. Taylor just took some of the extras of each and gave out to her friends. She has moved into middle school where they don't have class parties. Now they have dances. Yuck! I wasn't ready for that.
2 comments:
Papa says:
Overachiever of the month award goes to Ginger!!
Good job! Your constant success at these things brings the painful fact home to me that you learned absoultly none of your craftiness from me!
You are a GREAT MOM (and a pretty good daughter too!!!
Way cute!!
Post a Comment