Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Canada

Well, after all the traveling we did this summer, we decided to take one last quick trip! This was just our family and we decided to go at the last minute. We went to the Canadian National Expo (like a state fair) and the Toronto Airshow. The favorite exhibit was the lego construction area. We could have done this at home!!!
Chris worked up the courage to feed this very hungry goat!!

The kids each got to choose a ride. This of course is what Chris chose. I was pretty nervous to have him ride this by himself so I nominated Greg to go with!!
And off they go!! Chris loved it and didn't get nervous one bit. I don't think he sensed my nerves!!
The older 3 got to participate in a Nerf Dart Tag game. They got them all dressed up in their protective gear and played capture the flag with nerf guns. They loved it and Zack even won the sportsmanship award for encouraging the other kids! Go Zack!
The airshow had started and this is pretty much what Maddie thought of it the whole time!!
I could not resist taking this photo!!

I have to be honest. After reading my brother Paul's blog about the airshow this summer I got pretty homesick! It seemed weird to miss the airshow. But, the Blue Angels made an appearance at the Toronto Airshow and we got to see it. It will never matter how many times we see this, it will amaze me everytime.
The most anticipated moment was the flight of the F-22 Raptor. This is what the boys wanted to see more than anything. This is their current favorite airplane. Timothy was telling me today that if we just got one of those we could go to California and get some Salame anytime we want and it will only take a few minutes! Not sure what that will do to the gas budget but we will see.
I thought this was cool. This is a Canadian Coast Guard helicopter. It dropped a couple of men in the water and then went through the whole process of "rescuing" them from the water.
And of course we had to see the Canadian Snowbirds.


We had a great time and it was nice to finish out the summer with a quick family trip. We enjoyed just being us and being relaxed with eachother.

1 comment:

Jon and Cheryl said...

You know it was a good vacation when you need a vacation from your vacation