Monday, May 11, 2009

A Walk in The Woods

So no matter how hard I try to hate this place, Greg manages to pull out something like this. The kids wanted to take a walk. Well, we have no sidewalks where we live, but, Greg has found several places we can go and walk on some trails. This one is right down from our house about half a mile.Maddie was sure she was a big girl and wanted to walk insead of take the stroller. That and Greg was sure we wouldn't be able to push the stroller on the terrain.
Maddie did great walking the whole way. Tim on the other hand didn't make it very far before he conned Taylor out of a piggy back ride.


The scenery out there is really beautiful. It goes right along the river and it is so quiet and peaceful out there (of course until I brought my little wildlife out there)!

The walking went good for Maddie right up until she thought she could run with the big kids on the gravel. She fell and cut her hand . She did really good though. It was really dirty and I thought I better clean it out with some peroxide. I was not sure that would go so well and tried to be quick about it. Well, as it turns out, Madelynne loves to have that poured on her open wounds!!! She kept holding her hand out and trying to pour more out onto her little sore. Greg was pretty impressed. Of course it also made him feel like a wimp since that is about his least favorite thing to have done to him.







2 comments:

denos5 said...

Way to go Maddie and I am with Tim on scoring the piggy back ride.

Shawn and Tori said...

Tim is as big as Taylor almost!! How is she carrying him?!