Monday, May 11, 2009

Dying Easter Eggs

So my favorite part of Easter is dying the eggs. Not really it is really messy and the worst part is with 5 kids, we have like 5 dozen hard boiled eggs no one in the house other than myself eats. You can only eat so many egg salad sandwiches. Several kids ago, eggs were like 88 cents a dozen so it was really no big deal to throw the eggs away but now at almost $2 a dozen it is a little more painful. I am grateful my husband waited until I was out of town and when I got home, they were no longer there!! Of cours throwing them away also brings on the sadness from the children since they look at it as throwing away little pieces of their special artwork!! Anyway, on to the actual event.
This was the first year Maddie dyed eggs. She learned the hard way that you can't just drop the egg into the cup! It WILL splash up and dye your face green!!
Zack and Chris were very excited about drawing on the eggs with their clear crayon and watching the magic as they took the eggs out of the dye.

Zack did not like me bothering him when he was working on his masterpiece. It is always funny how they don't grasp the concept of leaving the egg alone to get the color they want. They constantly check it.


Taylor took the longest making each one of her eggs a mini masterpiece. I am just grateful she is still okay taking part in this little "tradition" and it has not hit the list of things that are just not cool to do with your family. Which is getting quite lengthy in her last pre-teen year!

The end result!! (times 10!!)





1 comment:

Shawn and Tori said...

Nobody invited me! I love dying Easter eggs!