Slowly I started to give in to the whole Christmas season!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Giving in to Christmas!
Well, for some reason this year, I have had some trouble getting into the Christmas spirit. I am not completely sure why. It could be the mounting pile of projects and responsibilities that have to be done by Christmas. I am not sure. We are going to be traveling to Florida for Christmas and I guess I just thought that we wouldn't even put up a tree. Well, after this first snowfall. (Wasn't much and didn't last long. But, it sure was pretty while it lasted.)
I gave in (to a lot of guilt and pressure!) and decided to put up the tree with the kids. Of course we had to be a bit picky on what ornaments we put on the tree since we have tile floors. On about the third ornament, Maddie bounced it across the floor confirming my hesitation to put glass ornaments up!!
Slowly I started to give in to the whole Christmas season!
Maddie had been talking about going to see Santa since before Thanksgiving. She came and told me that she wanted Santa to bring her a Pink Shopping Cart!! That is a girl that knows what she wants. She went right up to Santa and told him all about this shopping cart she wants. She has not wavered from that wish!! She was not scared at all. Now the whole going to the mall to see Santa with thousands of other people did nothing for the lack of Christmas spirit!!! I think it was a step backwards!!
Slowly I started to give in to the whole Christmas season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment