Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Party

Last weekend we had a Christmas party at church. The 3 boys got to sing in the little program they did. Tim was right in the front row on the end. He was so funny singing and bobbing his head to the bells. He was in his own little world. I thought this picture was both funny and ironic. At the Christmas party they had a Santa for the kids to visit. The kids stuck to the same thing they told Santa at the mall!! I thought the photo was both funny and ironic with Santa and the photo of Jesus in the back.
This is one of the boys from church playing the harp for the Christmas Nativity at the party. Maddie was completely infatuated with watching him. She just stood there for quite some time staring at him. Maybe she will be interested in a string instrument!
I was given the grand responsibility of decorating the church gym for the Christmas Party. There were 28 tables for about 220 people. I spent most of that Saturday up at the church decorating and setting the tables for the party.
This is one of the tables with the centerpiece in the middle. They were a big hit. It was amazing to me that I spent about 6 hours up there putting it together. It was all taken down in under 30 minutes.
Things are looking up for Christmas. I am finally starting to get into the spirit. The kids are getting excited. The first wrapped gifts went under the tree today!! They are so excited now!

2 comments:

Jon and Cheryl said...

I think the tablecloths would have been lime green regardless of the holiday :)

denos5 said...

I was going to make a green comment too but I won't. I am very happy about you being in the Christmas spirit. I think the breaking of the ornaments is a tradition that must happen in order for it to be christmas.