Sunday, March 1, 2009

Skiing in New York

This is the only photo of the trip. Greg says this is the sum of the day. Zack is smiling, I am smirking!, and Taylor wants nothing to do with any of it!!
So, yesterday was our big ski trip! Greg's company had a ski trip get together up at one of the ski areas about an hour from here. We got tickets for Greg, Myself, Taylor, and Zack! I will admit Taylor and I were less than thrilled about it! But, we went and were going to give it our best shot. Well, I don't have any photos of the day since I was more worried about staying in an upright position than anything. We spent the majority of the day on the Magic Carpet! Which is a little slope that you get back up by taking a moving walkway. The best way to describe this hill is about like a driveway! Not much of a slope. We tried it about 3 or 4 times and then Taylor took off her skis and sat down on the ground off to the side. She was done!! The rest of us carried on and Zack did really well. He was determined no matter what to do his best.



We told Taylor that she had to take the lesson with us and then she could quit. We took the lesson and we did pretty good. We were supposed to learn how to turn and stop! That sounds pretty easy. Well, it has been a little warmer here the past few days and the snow has turned to ice. Stopping on ice is not easy!! We did our best and when our lesson was over Taylor said she wanted to try the lift up to the big hill. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and expained to her how we were going to get on the lift and off the lift. When we got to the top, she panicked a bit and then got back on her feet! She was amazed at how beautiful it was "way up there". Once she got her confidence under her we started to go! Well once again we were on ice! We got going pretty fast and to put it in Taylor's words, she choked. She totally bailed onto her butt!! Well that trip ended with me getting her going again and then getting in front of her, and then, I hit a huge patch of ice and wiped out!!! I injured my finger!! That is right, my finger. I am going to have it checked out tomorrow because i am pretty sure the fact that my knuckle is twice as big as any of the others and I can't bend it is a bad thing. I am pretty sure that in the next day or so almost my entire left side will be bruised!!



The synopsis of the whole event!! Greg and Zack want to go back. Taylor and I have checked it off our list!! Done!!!



I am really proud of Zack! He fell quite a bit and he never gave up. He had a great attitude all day and really showed improvement all day. Way to go Zack!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

hey kuddos for you trying! I say I don't like it and have never been! HAHA