So, in my attempt to gain some control and instill some responsibility in the children we had a family night to introduce our new system!! At first the kids thought it was all a joke. I quickly convinced them that I was not kidding.
This is our new chore chart and weekly calendar! This is not the best photo of it but it was taken before Greg put it back on the wall. There are lists of all their morning and afternoon responsibilities and what is expected of them each.
These are the reference cards for them to ensure they are completing their tasks completely without having to ask a parent.
The favorite for all are the signs I posted randomly around the house to remind them all of the things they should be doing but obviously are not hence the reminder. This is a family favorite. Greg is taken back each time he goes to the restroom and sees this reminder in EVERY bathroom!! Laugh all you want!! I have flushed far less unflushed toilets in the last few weeks!!
My personal favorite and as of yet the least effective!!!Still a lot of laundry on the floor!
I will admit, I had my doubts about this whole system. We have helped each one of the kids with their weekly chore to teach them how to do it correctly and surprisingly they have been excited about it. The most surprising part is I have yet to offer them any award for their duties!! I thought they would want a "prize" but they just seem happy to help!! This makes Mom happy. We all know a happy mom makes for a happy home!!
4 comments:
you are the bomb! I love it and will soon be coping the idea!!!FYI
I will be using that also!!
I am friends with Tonia (our hubs have known each other since they were like 5) hope you don't mind my looky loo...
You are so amazing! My oldest sis has 6 kids and has done something very similar for several years. I can remember going to the restroom in her house and seeing the "bathroom cleaning" check list every time! haha. Did you get your ideas from the Eyers?
My kids are 6, 4, and 18 months, so right now, I am just doing a "Behavior and Responsibility" chart each day of the week. They are rewarded with 'star' stickers if they have been B & R, or a sad face if not. I've been so surprized at how effective the 'sad face' is!!
It is so inspiring to see other Mom's with such amazing ideas! Thanks for the inspiration! Rock it girl!
I think that is a fabulous idea - hope you don't mind if I steal it! Hear you are going to me home soon, hope to see you!
Post a Comment