Friday, August 24, 2007

5 kids, 10.5 years, 4 sutures!!!

Not really sure how I have managed to have 5 kids, 3 of which are boys, and only have made now 2 trips to the ER for wound closure!!! Unfortunately for Chris he is the pin cushion. He is the only one so far to have stitches or staples!! I am feeling pretty lucky so far since I do recall growing up seldom a month going by that one of my brothers wasn't in for stitches or causing one of the girls to take the trip to the ER!!!! Here are the most recent stitches!! These 2 were caused by a cold pop can falling from the top shelf of the fridge (which all children were told to stay out of) and the can of pop hitting Chris right between the eyes!! The great mom moment comes when I immediately began to scold him for getting in the fridge (no crying yet) and he turned around with the blood running down his face!! He did tell me he will stay out of the fridge. (we will see about that!!)

1 comment:

Jon and Cheryl said...

That's a pretty good track record Ginger. I am impressed. We haven't made any trips to the ER yet. (Unless you count Ranger's broken leg...Jon has since blocked that tragic memory from his mind)However, Jon called me at work the other night at 2am to inform me that Brady rolled off the bed. I guess I can't get mad at him for always having piles of clothing his side of the bed because that is what broke the fall!!
--Cheryl